HYTHE & DIBDEN ACADEMY CRICKET
Sponsored by :
|HYTHE & DIBDEN CRICKET CLUB|
UNDER 17 FIXTURES 2011
NEW FOREST 'SOUTH' DIVISION
Captain : Matt Young
Manager : Pete Stannett
Match Starting Times : 18.30pm
|Thu 5th May||SWAY||Home||Lost by 20 Runs|
|Thu 12th May||WELLOW & PLAIT||Away||Lost by 7 Wkts|
|Thu 19th May||BASHLEY RYDAL||Home||Lost by 9 Wkts|
|Thu 26th May|
|Thu 2nd June||DAMERHAM||Away||Won by 15 Runs|
|Thu 9th June||NO GAME|
|Thu 16th June||PAULTONS||Home||Match Rained Off|
|Thu 23rd June||REDLYNCH & HALE||Away||Lost by 9 Wkts|
|Thu 30th June||TOTTON & ELING||Home||Lost by 7 Runs|
|Thu 7th July||BRANSGORE||Away||Won by 8 Wkts|
|Thu 14th July|
|Thu 21st July||LANGLEY MANOR||Away||Lost by 5 Wkts|
|NEW FOREST UNDER 17 LEAGUE TABLES 2011|
|Team||Pld||Won||Lost||Bat Pts||Bowl Pts||Pen Pts||Total||Ave|
|Totton & Eling||8||8||0||34||26||0||140||17.50|
|Wellow & Plaitford||6||6||0||28||15||5||98||16.33|
|Redlynch & Hale||8||4||4||27||17||0||84||10.50|
|Hythe & Dibden||8||2||6||27||18||0||65||8.12|
|HYTHE UNDER 17's FINAL BATTING AVERAGES|
Min 5 Innings
|HYTHE UNDER 17's FINAL BOWLING AVERAGES|
Min 15 Overs
Ready for Your Big Game
Here's Wrighty's Pre Match Tips
Don't Forget To Watch The Videos On The Coaching Page.
- Play cricket for the enjoyment
- Exhibit the highest possible standards of conduct on
- Players make a full commitment to the activities of the team
- Develop a strong desire to do their best
- Visualise goals, tactics and future performances
- Develop a pre-match and match routines
- Be responsible for your own fitness and skill rehearsal
- Develop a self belief to overcome the rough patches.
- Look for a run every ball.
- Emphasize strike rotation
- Call for every ball - yes, no, wait. Do not call “Go” as this can sometimes be interpreted as “No”.
- Back up 2 to 3 metres every ball , when at non strikers end.
- Form Partnerships to score at a steady rate.
- Become aware of the run rate
- Become aware of careless fielding ie Overthrows.
- Become aware of fielders weaknesses and strengths.
- Bowl an appropriate line and length
- Bowl to your field
- Bowl over the wicket unless instructed by the coach or captain
- Perform the required stretches before bowling
- Identify and bowl to the batsmen’s weaknesses
- Anticipate the ball at all times
- Return the ball over the stumps
- Retain balance before throwing the ball.
- Back up all returns to the wicket
- Anticipate the bounce of the ball ie wet/quick
- Provide verbal and non verbal assistance to your team mates.
- Walk in with the bowler when fielding in the out field.
- Mark your spot in the field and walk in, unless in close.
- Play positive and attacking cricket
- Build and maintain pressure upon the opposition
- Actively support your coach , captain and team mates
- Ensure that the team bowls the required overs in the allocated time
- Stay until the end of the game
- Clap the opposition captain when he comes out to bat
- Shake hands with the opposition after the match .
Get Nervous Before You Bat
Most players experience nerves before they go out to bat - they just need to be controlled. The following steps will help you keep your nerves in check and use them positively when you play.
First things first - go for a jog or have a practice hit before the game starts, either will make you feel more ready to perform. If you know you’re going to be batting, have a gameplan - an idea of how you’re going to play but don’t play your innings before you go out to bat.
If you’re next in, watch the game but not TOO closely - just because the batter in is playing and missing it doesn’t mean that you will. If there’s a fast bowler on, see if you can sit behind him, the ball always seems much quicker sideways on.
Nerves are greatest at the start of your innings so keep things nice and simple. Be prepared to play yourself in and get used to the conditions and remember that you’ll feel a lot better having got off the mark, so look for a single as your first objective.
Finally, always visualise succeeding. Remember past performances when you have played well - you’ve done it before so you can do it again. Good luck!