Although the Club traces its (more or less) continuous history from 1908, there are reports of matches being played by Quatt in the 1880's. It is understood that these games took place in Dudmaston Park, somewhere not too far from the Hall (pictured), the wickets would of course been unprepared.The Club was founded in 1908 by Captain G.C. Wolryche-Whitmore, who took a great interest in it for over sixty years. It flourished until 1914, and then again for a short while after the First World War. The Club then folded for a few years until it was re-founded in 1936 by A.G. Mason.One of the early matches, perhaps the first one was between the 'Estate' and 'Village' - not an occasion that would be thought 'proper' nowadays. It is said that Captain Wolryche-Whitmore (then 55 years old) unleashed some ferocious strokes in partnership with J.F.A. Mason. The Club continued on satisfactorily until 1939 and the outbreak of the Second World War.
Captain Wolryche-Whitmore founder of Qcc
In 2003 the Club repeated the success of twenty years previous when they clinched the Division One Championship and acheived promotion to the Shropshire Premier League. They were the first village side in Shropshire to reach this level.
In 2008 the club celebrated its centenary with 3 male Saturday teams, a Sunday team, a ladies team, a Midweek team and a junior section. In 2010 the 1st XI reached the Quarter Final of the National Village Cup a magnificent achievement for the small village club.
At the end of the 2011 season Qcc will embark in a new era when the current pavilion, originally constructed in the 1930's, will be demolished and makes way for a new structure more suitable for the club in its current state.
If you are a past member and can offer more information about the history of Qcc or would like to donate any historic memorabila to our new pavilion please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2003 Championship winning team