By JGD - September 27 2015
TECH 50 - 10 JARROVIANS After last weeks disappointing performance at Seghill TECH returned to winning ways against visitors Jarrovians, the win taking them to 4th inD'Ham/N'Land Div. 3. No. 8 Michael FOSTER had a great day scoring 4 tries and being much to the fore throughout.


TECH made a number of changes to the starting line-up as they continued their rotation system ensuring all of the squad are given game time. The squad also included new signings Ben REED and Shane JEFFERY.

The game started in perfect conditions with TECH playing towards the club house end. After only 4 minutes they fell behind as the visitors kicked an early penalty. This reversal didn’t last long as after just 8 minutes a good break by David CHESHIRE was carried on with some good interplay before Michael FOSTER broke through the cover to score his first try. The conversion attempt by Anthony LAWRENCE was off target.

After 16 minutes a break by full back Ben CUMMINGS saw him link with Andrew TWEDDLE who made ground before giving a clever pass inside to Kieran SANDERSON. The winger sprinted clear of the cover to score an unconverted try. 

TECH were running the ball at every opportunity with both forwards and backs showing some good handling in some good spells of interplay. It wasn’t until the 30th minute though that they added to their tally. A spell of forward pressure saw them win good ruck ball which was passed out to Michael FOSTER who again proved unstoppable as he scored another unconverted try. This took the score to 15-3.

A lapse in concentration then let Jarrovians close the gap. A misplaced kick ahead by TECH was gathered by the visitors and a number of missed tackles allowed them to spread the ball wide out to the right wing. It appeared the ball was dropped as the player dived over the line but the referee awarded the try. The conversion made the score 15-10.

TECH kept up the pressure but were unable to add to their score as the game reached half time. The home side started the 2nd period at pace and after 4 minutes a quick tap penalty resulted in FOSTER going over for his third try. Paul MOSS who had come on at half time converted to open the gap up to 12 points.

TECH kept up the pressure and came close to scoring on a number of occasions but it wasn’t until the 28th minute that they actually did so. Once again it was that man FOSTER who scored after good recycling by the pack. MOSS once again added the extra points taking the score to 29-10.

Just 2 minutes later an excellent break by the impressive left winger, Kieran SANDERSON saw him link with right winger Andrew TWEDDLE who kept the ball alive before it was quickly recycled to Michael FOSTER who made ground before releasing scrum half Antony LAWRENCE who broke through the defence to score. The successful conversion by MOSS saw the score move to 36-10. 

FOSTER was also involved in his sides next score. Good interplay took the play into the visitors half. The marauding number 8 then linked with MOSS who crossed for a try he also converted.

TECH concluded their scoring with 37 minutes on the clock. A kick upfield by Jarrovians was caught by CHESHIRE who linked with MOSS. After making progress a clever kick ahead by MOSS was chased by scrum half LAWRENCE who regained possession before going over for a try which he then converted making the final score 50-10.

This was another encouraging display by TECH against a brave Jarrovians side that competed throughout. There were some excellent individual displays with Michael FOSTER and Kieran SANDERSON particularly impressive.