Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

O/T: World record drumming attempt for the MS Society. HELP! Please read.
Posted by: iBozz
Date: 09/04/2009 22:57
Wanted, 600+ drummers

On Monday, 13th July 2009 an attempt will be made to beat the current world record for the number of drummers performing simultaneously.

To beat the current record of 533 drummers, the organisers are looking for 600+ to perforn in the attempt, which will take place at The National Indoor Arena, Birmingham.

The organisers, Craig Glover from Professional Music Technology and Rick Prince of ITV Granada News, are looking for drumming volunteers to help beat the record and to raise funds for The Multiple Sclerosis Society.

If you are a drummer or know any drummers and you or they are interested in taking part or getting more information, then please contact the organisers through the websites below - or alternatively, PM me and I'll pass your information on to them for you.

If you have connections with the media in any shape or form, please pass this information to them as the more publicity that can be gained the more likely is the record to be broken and the more money will be raised for the MS Society.

A sponsorship form has been set up here, so please add your twopenn'orth!.

Or more! (Sm1)

It doesn't matter how large or small the donation because, to coin a phrase, "Every little helps".

The advantage of sponsoring through justgiving is that they will claim the Gift Aid tax rebate for The MS Society so each £10 you give will be worth approximately £11.90 - assuming that you are a standard rate taxpayer.

The MS Society will be most grateful!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/3426294455_454c5be307.jpg

The following sites have further information:

Stick It To MS

Mike Dolbear Drums

Stockport & District Branch, MS Society

This is a serious attempt at the world record, but should also be fun for the participants. Money raised will be donated to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Again, may I please ask that if you have any media contacts you draw their attention to this attempt and try and help us get coverage? They can PM me and I'll put them in touch with the organisers.

They can also emal me at:
h e y w o o d dot r o a d at g m a i l dot c o m and I'll pass on their details.

Quote:
Stick it to MS - Mon 13th

Drumming up support to smash world record/ Don’t forget your earplugs

Six hundred drummers, drumming to one beat, under one roof, with one aim- to smash their way into the Guinness Book of World Records! Drummers from across the country will be beating a path to Birmingham’s National Indoor Arena on Monday July 13, to pound their way into the record books and raise money for The Multiple Sclerosis Society.

“Stick it to MS” are confident they can drum up enough support to beat the current world record of 533 drummers and their drum kits, all playing to the same beat, set three years ago in the US.

Event organiser Rick Prince says ‘If you’ve ever dreamed of playing live music in a huge arena- this is your chance to release your inner rock god. It’s going to be an amazing sight and sound! Money raised from Stick it to MS will be donated to The MS Society to invest in vital research into the cause, cure and symptoms of this unpredictable condition and to provide essential support and information which make a real difference to people’s lives.”

Almost 2.5 million people worldwide live with MS, and around 50 people are diagnosed with the incurable and debilitating condition every week in the UK alone.

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a charity registered in England and Wales (207495) and Scotland (SCO16433)

Mae Multiple Sclerosis Society Prydain Fawr a Gogledd Iwerddon yn elusen cofrestredig yn Lloegr a Chymru (207495) a'r Alban (SCO16433)

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net