Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Old Crossleyans Preview
Posted by: Gentle Giant
Date: 28/02/2011 15:07
It appears I've ruffled Rupert's feathers somewhat. If you care to read what I wrote, Rupert, I don't think in anyway I was "ripping into" Tom at all. I merely meant that if you are building a team you can rely on you need sound foundations to do so otherwise the whole thing will collapse. Some players flit from club to club to seek a game. Tom went down two leagues and performed really well.A true club man, in my opinion, would stay at his club and fight for his place despite perhaps being inferior to the man currently occupying the jersey. I can sympathise with Tom for his reason for leaving but it was only a matter of time before his main rival was going to up and leave which ultimately he did. Tom, perhaps should have taken a leaf out of the late, great Stan Ainsley's book who played second fiddle to Wilf Woodward for years. He could have gone to any club in the county and played first team rugby but Stan decided to play for Rovers second team and wait his chance. Indeed, he was the county's second choice when Wilf was injured.Eventually Stan got a decent run in the Rovers first team until he retired.So come on Rupert, I am NOT having a go at Tom. I hope he stays at Rovers for many years and we CAN build a team around him and ALL the young, talented players at Rovers. I apologise if I have missed anyone out!Billingham have done it magnificently so why can't we?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net