affect Machado’s impending free agency after the season.“It’s a beauty pageant. You have 30 owners — all want you right now
elaine95 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 02:44
Tom Szczerbowski/Getty ImagesThe assault charge against Houston Astros closer Roberto Osuna was dropped Tuesday as part of a peace bond agreement."I am pleased and relieved by today's court decision. Now I can begin to put these allegations behind me and focus on baseball http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-larry-doby-jersey ," Osuna said in a statement, per KHOU 11. "I want to thank my family, teammates and fans for believing in me. I am grateful to the Astros for providing me with the opportunity to play baseball and compete for a World Series championship."Osuna, 23, appeared at aTorontocourthouse Tuesday to make the agreement, which is similar to a diversion program in the U.S. and will require him to have no contact with the victim and stay out of trouble for one year, perCristina Tenaglia鈥?of CTV News."The Houston Astros look forward to Roberto continuing his commitment to be a productive and caring part of our community Bob Feller Jersey ," the Astros said in a statement via KHOU11. "The Astros remain committed to increase our support regarding the issues of domestic violence and abuse of any kind. We have engaged with a number of local, state and national organizations - and we look forward to working with them in the short term and over the long term."Osuna was suspended 75 games by Major League Baseball after being arrested in May for assaulting a woman. A reliever for the Toronto Blue Jays at the time, the Astros later traded for Osuna while he was suspended.He returned to play in Toronto on Monday for the first time since being traded and was greeted by a chorus of boos before completing his 10th save for the Astros. LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dodgers star Manny Machado has been fined by Major League Baseball for kicking Milwaukee first baseman Jesus Aguilar in the NL Championship Series.MLB fined Machado an undisclosed amount Wednesday, a day after the baserunning incident caused the benches to clear at Dodger Stadium and prompted Brewers MVP candidate Christian Yelich to call Machado a “dirty player.”“I don’t think we’re too concerned about any other teams’ comments about our players,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Wednesday before Game 5. “I know speaking for Manny, he’s preparing to help us win. It’s really not at the forefront of our mind.”Machado was running to first on a grounder in the 10th inning of Game 4, and Aguilar left his right foot partly across the base for a moment after catching the ball. Already out Satchel Paige Jersey , Machado brought his left foot forward and kicked Aguilar in the back of the leg.“He’s a player that has a history of those types of incidents,” Yelich said. “One time is an accident. Repeated over and over and over again, you’re just a dirty player. It’s a dirty play by a dirty player.”Brewers manager Craig Counsell wasn’t concerned the incident would distract from his team’s focus in the best-of-seven series.“You say to yourself, ‘Two games from the World Series.’ That’s all you’ve got to say,” Counsell said. “The other stuff just washes away, man. That’s meaningless to me.”Some have questioned Machado’s sportsmanship since he tossed his bat toward third base during an incident against the Oakland Athletics in 2014. Former Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez wondered on the FS1 postgame show whether the string of incidents could affect Machado’s impending free agency after the season.“It’s a beauty pageant. You have 30 owners — all want you right now,” he said. “You don’t want four Joe Carter Jersey , five owners to sit around and say, ‘Hey, dude, you see what Manny did? Did you see that? Oh, yeah, yeah, we’re out. We like him Francisco Lindor Jersey , but now we’re out.’ You’re losing tens of millions of dollars by the second if that becomes the narrative.”Machado, whose late slide last year injured Boston second baseman Dustin Pedroia, has been checked a couple times in this NLCS because of close slides into second.Machado gave Aguilar a brief hug after hitting a single in the 13th inning. The shortstop later scored the winning run, sliding home to give Los Angeles a 2-1 win that evened the NLCS at two games each.Both Machado and Aguilar said after the game that they had no quarrel with each other, and Aguilar said Machado apologized to him.The players’ union declined comment on Machado’s fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net