Current Page: 2 of 4

Re: Not a lot of people know that..
Kate S (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 14:31
I once had a stick insect...

Mel A (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 14:32
Did you know that the phrase "Not many people know that" attached to Michael Caine was invented by Peter Sellers?

Mel A (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 14:44
Did you know that the one word that the Knights of Nee (Monty Python and the Holy Grail) could not stand was the word 'what'?

Not a lot of people know that (apart from T and maybe Viks and Balders).

Post Edited (04-10-06 15:28)

TanyaW (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 14:54
Mel hasn't seen the film 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'

All will become clear regarding shrubberies

Strudders (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 18:54
It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs
Now why on earth would you want to take a cow upstairs?!?!?!?!?! :-/

strudders x

Strudders (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 19:06
And just a couple more to keep you going

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain =- stupid bird!!! does it remind you of anyone??????

The electric chair was invented by a dentist - no surprises there then!!!!

Frogs have teeth but Toads don't - better watch those frogs during the full moon.

Anne boleyn had six figernails on one hand, but only had five fingers on that hand. She had a small extra nail coming out of the side of her finger - wierdo no wonder she was beheaded by sword!

and finally just becasue I is a science type person - There is enough iron in a human being to make one small nail

strudders x

Kate S (IP Logged)
04 October, 2006 19:27
Thats because a cows front legs are shorter than its back legs.

Also the reason that if you are being chased by a cow, you should run downhill...

Mel A (IP Logged)
06 October, 2006 10:22
Fetchez la vache!

:oD

Tanya Wilson (IP Logged)
06 October, 2006 10:44
http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/141072729651.gif

Lauren. (IP Logged)
13 October, 2006 11:23
The idea of canned food was invented when Napoleon set a competition for cash for the best way to preserve food for his soldiers.

The fast freezer concept was robbed from the eskimo's who used the same principle to preserve their fish as soon as they were caught.

Of course, I may be wrong, but I did the info of one of my Sat morning cook programmes which happens to be part of a OU syllabus! So it's got to be true!!!

Lauren. (IP Logged)
13 October, 2006 11:33
Quick question( serious, I've been trying to remember and can't for the life of me.) When the knights of nee no longer wanted shrubberies built, what did they want??

Progress so far is steady, but I feel we have yet more life enhancing facts that can shared!

TanyaW (IP Logged)
13 October, 2006 15:29
They wanted another shrubbery placed slightly to the side and a bit higher than the previous shrubbery.

It got a little silly after that

Lizzy G (IP Logged)
13 October, 2006 19:54
decking was included in the later randomness wasn't? and is that before or after the cutting down of the largest tree in the forest with a herring?

Mel A (IP Logged)
20 October, 2006 00:55
Did you know that whar we Brits regard as an annoying pest - the humble mosquito is actually the most dangerous creature on the planet, thanks to its ability to spread disease with alarming efficiency. Best known for spreading deadly malaria, mossies also spread elephantiasis, yellow fever, dengue fever and West Nile virus, which was recently introduced to the US and is now prevalent in all states.

Viks (IP Logged)
20 October, 2006 12:01
Mosquitos & malaria...................... I reckon I knew that but I'd probably forgotten it :oD

Viks
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/jasons_smilie/hair2.gif

Kiwi G (IP Logged)
23 October, 2006 21:11
101 Dalmatians" and "Peter Pan" are the only Disney animations in which both of a character's parents are present and don't die during the movie

Lauren. (IP Logged)
13 November, 2006 16:41
Licensing hours were brought in to increase productivity in shift workers.

Also, daddy long legs have one of the most venemous bites in the animal kingdom. Unfortunately, him upstairs didn't give them any teeth!!

Kyra Howell (IP Logged)
13 November, 2006 18:57
Did you know that dolphins dont drink at all (unlike Quins Ladies) they get all their water from the food they eat. When their food sources are removed by over fishing they are more likely to die of dehydration than starvation..http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/141072722473.gifhttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/141072722473.gif

TOKS (IP Logged)
15 November, 2006 12:40
A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age!

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every
letter of the alphabet.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."

There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise, it will digest itself.

Lauren. (IP Logged)
15 November, 2006 13:08
TOKS, I bow to your knowledge of useless facts. Very impressive!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net