Current Page: 1 of 3
18TH's Oct Game
CASSY (IP Logged)
17 October, 2008 06:48
Dad's working so i need a lift can any1 fit me in there car please? David Cass

Re: 18TH's Oct Game
TechSec (IP Logged)
17 October, 2008 11:08
Won't be a problem David, just turn up on time @ the club.

CASSY (IP Logged)
17 October, 2008 11:09
cheers will do that

foster (IP Logged)
17 October, 2008 19:41
what time is the meet?

TechSec (IP Logged)
18 October, 2008 06:50

what the fudge (IP Logged)
18 October, 2008 22:52
You lot are really a disgrace, you should at least be turning out or fold if you cant get a side out, from the look of this site your members are just worried about getting your allocation for international tickets.. Its a poor show. There are clubs like Seaton Carew who would love to play in this league and you lot are just making a mockery of the whole lot.

No im not from Seaton but either sort it out or stop wasting everyones time

Peter Wilkinson (IP Logged)
19 October, 2008 07:43
Fudge your out of order:-!:(

19 October, 2008 11:44
How am I out of order?? Ill tell you what is out of order mate, the fact that a bloke looks forward to his game of rugby all week, is promised a game and because its a league game unless the weather turns rubbish its definitely on, he gets to his club with his kit only to be told, ' sorry, the opposition cried off this morning, they dont have enough players' Because its so late in the day you cant get a friendly and so you end up kicking your heels. Of course we all know your lads dont have to worry about that because you just go and play for the Ams when you dont manage to raise your squad. What you should do is travel with what you have whether it 10, 11 or 12 players, throw yourselves at the mercy of your opposition to lend you their subs and get a game played, True you will lose the points but at least you wont get -2 and the players will get a run out - Ive seen this happen before with Newton Aycliffe who chose when they fancied playing and it ruined the season because the teams that played them got an advantage over the teams that didnt. Whitby a few years ago had similar player number issues but they turned out with whatever they had and honoured their fixtures - they now have two teams and I respect them as a club because at least they showed a bit of pride in their badge and carried on - this is something sadly lacking from your club it appears because I know for a clear fact you chose to send 11 players to play for the Ams and cancelled your first game, great your boys had a game but what about the poor sods who had to content themselves watching their 2nds??

If you think im wrong and disagree, then thats fine, diffrences in opinion are not a bad thing, but you cant tell me that what your doing is ok for the league

Love Spuds (IP Logged)
19 October, 2008 13:33
Certainly did not send 11 over to the Ams. Lets try to be constructive here please. TDSOB had to wait and see how many turned up. Of course they don't want to fold and are trying their best. I know it can be frustrating not having a game on a Sat but how do you think the 11 or 12 feel turning up and then having to cancel?

19 October, 2008 15:01
My point is that the 11 or 12 should travel and play, even if its 14 a side and you borrow the opposition subs at least some rugby will be played - if that is not a constructive comment I dont know what is????

Love Spuds (IP Logged)
19 October, 2008 15:18
not that bit. I meant the bit about folding. Many a time the Ams have gone with less than 10 players and had a game.
Hope TDSOB pull this round

TechSec (IP Logged)
19 October, 2008 16:37
Fudge, I accept you are entitled to your opinions, but you need to be aware of the facts, last saturday we had 16 players turn out, only 2 of whom were qualified to play in the front row, RFU regulation 7.3.1.(a) states that in the interests of safety, you must have a minimum of 4. Also, as far as I am aware you cannot start a LEAGUE game having uncontested scrums. We appreciate the problems we are creating other clubs having to cry off fixtures at the last minute, but believe me we are trying right up to the last minute trying to field a team. Also, I agree with your observation that Seaton Carew would love to play at a higher level, however that is up to them earning the right to do so, TECH ceasing to play rugby would not give them that opportunity, finally, thank you Quinny for your continued support!

Peter Wilkinson (IP Logged)
19 October, 2008 16:53
Like you say you have an opinion,mine is your out of order.Also i helped found the Ams i have played almost every game since we were formed,and 13 years for west before that.I played 80mins at yarm yesterday where we had 2 Tech lads in our starting 15 and three on the bench who also played most of the 2nd half.I know people are putting a lot of effort into getting WHTDSOB onto the field but if some let you down and ive been in the situation many times then theres not much you can do at 12.30 on a saturday lunchtime.:-|

19 October, 2008 21:29
Ok, TECHSEC this is the last Ill say on the matter, All im saying is you would have more sympathy and following on from that support from other clubs in the league if you brought what you had and tried to play the game, at least your lads and the opposition would get a game of sorts...Ive also been in the position where I had to take a side to a club with 13 players and had to borrow players or play with 13, it never crossed my mind to cry off. Hide behind rules all you want.

As for Seaton Carew, I reckon they will earn the right to play in this league from the look of their results, Tech will earn the right to play whatever level they deserve next season, but I would hope you want to earn that right by playing your games in this league first.

Peter, I respect you may feel sympathy for techs current situation but I am refferring to the start of the season when tech cried off and many as reported on this board played for the ams, There was still 5 of techs players got to play rugby Saturday when Team Northumbria had 18 lads kicking their heels, I remember playing the Ams at league level and I am pretty sure you would turn out regardless of your numbers

couttsy (IP Logged)
20 October, 2008 10:16
i was told we had 15 but no front row, if that was the case why didnt we just go up there say we dnt have a front row, you can have the game but lets play a game uncontested scrums and just have a run about. Im getting sick of hangin about and waiting until the last minute to hear the game is off.
I dont want to the club fold but i want to have a game of rugby and if it continues like this ill probaly start looking elsewhere.
I dnt mind going to play for the ams but i dnt want to go there for a last resort, id rather be at club where i know im going to get a regular game.
It is a shame this because the training sessions with howie are good and i enjoy them but in the end there kind of wasted.
I fink in the future if we do have front row problems just say to the opposition who can have the points but lets still play a game with uncontested scrums, it will atleast stop people wasting there saturdays when they could be doing something else.

gerry mac (IP Logged)
20 October, 2008 10:54
at least if you go and play uncontested its better than nothing and when you do turn it around at least players will be match fit
but good luck in the future anyway

up the 3rds

Baron Bugleheimer (IP Logged)
20 October, 2008 12:16
Tech sec, listen to your players before they vote with their feet!

Love Spuds (IP Logged)
20 October, 2008 13:13
Don't think in this league you can start with un contested scrums, bit daft i know.

Front Row Leg-end (IP Logged)
20 October, 2008 16:05
The way it works is that the league won't recognise it if it starts with uncontested scrums and therefore the same penalty applies to Tech as if they never even travelled.

I am not sure if there are insurance implications to any game starting with uncontested scrums. Also I am unaware of the attitude of Durham and Northumberland Society refs is towards allowing an ad hoc game to give the lads a run out with uncontested scrums. After all the referee is accountable for the safety of players.

That said, as a player I would want any game rather than no game.

Surely there are props out there somewhere not getting a game that could play for Tech?

http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/2191166470587.gif

20 October, 2008 17:41
I think you will find the attitude of the refs will be sympathetic, they enjoy the run about as much as the players, if the same penalty applies in league terms then so be it but at least you will get a game, the opposition will get a game - if your playing regularly then props not getting a game will be more inclined to turn out for you.

Im really pleased that some of your own squad seem to actually care and agree with what Im saying about playing on regardless. That is at least positive. The reason I decided to challenge you is to help you see that by not playing its worse on your club in the long run as well as the short term for our league.

some of the clubs in the league might even support you in getting a dispensation to loan a prop for the day from the club you play against if necessary. Surely the RFU and counties want to see you playing, but if you dont ask what admin support they can offer then you wont get it.

I hope you turn it around, and I hope you do the right thing next saturday, no matter how many players you have, whether they be front row short or not. Please play the game

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net