Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Gareth F
Posted by: Euthenasian (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2012 15:38

Just catching up on the news that Gareth Foreman is going to BBOB as coach, and I had to read this bit in the Mail report twice:

Foreman is not certain, yet, whether he will play.
“I’ll be there on Saturdays but I’m hoping I might not be needed [to play],” he said.

Good luck to him and Brigade, but after being leading scorer for two seasons at West's level, how can he even think of not playing?
How old is he? 40?

Re: Gareth F
Posted by: Shocking (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 13:03

Not one good luck message from anyone to the lad!!!

Posted by: West Park Allotment (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 13:47

I seem to remember Kevan Olliphant saying some very nice things about Gareth in the Mail.
Also this may have been news to Euthanasia but I first hear about it at the R.F. Oakes game at Rovers.
Gareth has done very well for West and I am sure he knows how much that is appreciated.

Posted by: KOlly (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 14:13

Correct

Posted by: Dogtrack (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 15:41

Hang on a min ... Euthenasia'a post said: "Good luck to him and Brigade"
Isn't that wishing him good luck?
I must say I was also wondering why a lad his age with his ability should want to pack in playing.
But he's made his decision and good luck to him (are you reading this "shocking"?

Posted by: ex rover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 15:47

i dont think he wanted to travel around as much and wanted a little coaching project. Word is that the BBOB lads have responded well and have had good numbers training. Andrew Lilly and Darren Smith have joined him which came as a shock to a few here on "the dark side". But good luck to them especially in the winter months when numbers will no doubt decline. Pyman cup could be interesting this year.

Date: 02 July, 2012 15:48

Better late than never

Well done!!

Posted by: Dogtrack (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 15:52

So why doesn't he play for BBOB? They'll walk their league if he does.

Posted by: ex rover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2012 16:31

Maybe BBOB couldnt afford to pay him to coach and play. They could only afford to pay him for coaching. Imagine his try scoring bonus in that league.

Posted by: Supercodhead (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2012 12:08

The lad deserves a break after the stresses of the last two seasons>>nice sinecure for him at BBOB>>> good luck to him from me, Our Fat Lass, Our Fat Lasses Sister, the Supercodhead fry and everyone at Verrill's and the Pot House>>>

Posted by: Chocky's Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2012 13:46

What about your Dominoes team?

Date: 03 July, 2012 15:18

Too true SCH carrying west for the last 2 years

Posted by: Oi Oi Savaloy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2012 18:17

Rovers had a fantastic season immediately after Foreman's left did they Shocking. Lowest points in the leagues history I seem to recollect.

Posted by: Supercodhead (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2012 12:08

havent played doms for years>>have to work Friday afternoons now>>
now then my little sausage>>>once again other clubs have lured our better players with offers of untold riches>>its their choice if they want to leave for the odd shilling>>>in the meantime we continue to be a truly amateur club doing things properly>>

Posted by: A BBOBer (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2012 03:57

I can assure you Gareth isn't receiving any money for his coaching role with us. Rather than having a swipe at us why not wish us all the best. Someone like Gareth coming to our club is going to do us the world of good and as has been mentioned, numbers for training have been very good due to Gareth arriving. I think if he wants to take on a coaching role he should be allowed to do so and not take stick for it! It may come as a shock (as it did to us when we first heard he was interested) someone like him wanting to come and coach us lot when he's still obviously got it and is a very talented player, but he's made the choice to do so. He's got connections with the club and comments about him coming for money sound like sour grapes!

Posted by: Peter Wilkinson (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2012 08:30

Who,s sniping/swiping or sour graping ? There,s nothing on here that will upset anyone.Gareth will be a big loss to us at WEST.

GOOD LUCK GARETH

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net