Your Christmas At West

Christmas Eve - Club Closed

Boxing Day - Firsts v Rovers k.o 2.00. Noon until 23.00

Sunday Dec 30th President's Sunday 1.00pm

Christmas Day - Noon - till 2.00 p.m.

Sat Dec 29th Heughers v Stags at Friarage (Bill Bowden Memorial Trophy) k.o. 2.00

New Year's Eve - Noon until 1.00 a.m. (Ticket only parties.)

New Year's Day. Noon until 8.00pm

Bucks v Blaydon Devt XV/XX/XXXV
19 February, 2018 10:56
Not a match report as such as I am retired now but just to say that our Stags won a very enthralling game on Saturday against a very strong Blaydon Devt Squad. Blaydon had lots of pace out wide but it's fair to say that once we got our tactics right, we probably had the edge up front, resulting in a very good second half performance.

We were actually looking at HT 10-22 but a regroup and re focus led us to a 52-22 win - I think ? I can't actually remember the final score as the Guinness was particularly nice on Saturday; it tasted particularly sweet as it was being brought to me by our very own " 3 Turns" - Federico, Kethalos and Davidos - lovely. Anyway, perhaps Stags Supremo Sid could confirm the final score for us - he was drinking Shandy so no excuses.

As is so often the case, when numbers permit, with this Stags squad it was a great blend of youth and experience, pulled together with great on field leadership by JT which turned this game around. It can't always be done from touchline. JT also treat us to an impressive 75m gallop with only a discarded rubber toy left there by a passing Labrador being responsible for knocking him out of his stride a metre short of glory ! "Bad Dog Buster !! "

All the youngsters played well - Jordan, Matt, Adam and Benny well supported by the more experienced campaigners - Craig, Ross, JT, Graeme & Co.

Really good game to watch and thanks to Blaydon for loaning us one of their several replacements who travelled.

Oh for a squad that size !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2018 09:45 by davepicken.

Re: Stags v Blaydon Devt XV/XX/XXXV
Kathryn 😊 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 12:22
Playing on the bottom pitch messed up my plans to photo both games but the team kindly shared the try scorers and the MOM pics. JT gave me a slightly diff score but there again by the time he got to the bar his 75m gallop was a half marathon 😂- whatever we still won.

http://i65.tinypic.com/292bqd0.jpg

LesterP (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 17:10
Excellent stuff Kathryn and a great Photo; could almost be a PR Shot for a Boy Band !!

I have just realised, looking at this Photo, how much taller Adam has got since going up to Northumbria - Master Race + Brown Ale = Growth :-)

Hardwick Man (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 20:31
Adam was very impressive , powerful runs determined tackles , and resolute as ever. It's a cliche but if he trained he would get a 1 st team call up.
Defo not a boy band...Graeme spoils it

LesterP (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 15:34
Official Score update/confirmation from S.S.S (Stags Supremo Sid) is 43-22; oh well, were close - JT's gallop would have made it 50-22 as he was definitely heading under the sticks before Buster's discarded rubber duck upset his finely balanced stride :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net