Club Logo New fp COMING UP .
Fri & Sat July 6 & 7 Beer Festival Donate A Barrel - Contact: Dave Picken

Bill Dale
Dave Picken (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:56
Desperately sad news to start the New Year. Bill Dale, a true legend in local rugby circles, passed away earlier today.
Bill played for England Schoolboys alongside Stu Caswell when he was at West Hartlepool Grammar School. He went on to have a distinguised senior career and to hold virtually every office at Rovers, while also finding time to support Hartlepool United.
Condolences from everybody at West to Bill's family and to our friends at Rovers.

Re: Bill Dale
old shepherd (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:12
Sad news indeed. Bill was a very passionate man and a true Hartlepool Rugby legend. Condolences to his family

Rozzy 1 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:59
What very bad news that is. I've known Bill since he was a teenager playing for England and he was always the same ... a grand lad and a great ambassador for sport in Hartlepool.
What a sad coincidence that he has died just a few months after Stu Caswell's death in Australia.
Condolences to his family and to his club, Rovers.

Keith Parkinson (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:48
Desperately sad news indeed, Bill was an extremely talented rugby player who contributed a great deal back into the sport over many years. He was very much respected and loved by many many people from the rugby fraternity. A true gentleman who I feel privileged to call a friend.

Condolences to all the family.

milkybar kid (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:48
A very sad start to the New Year, Bill was an absolute gentleman I was privileged to have known him for over 50 years, he was one of the few Grammar School lads that 'got away' from West, but his playing career at Rovers was closely followed by those of us who knew him, his performances on the field were if anything surpassed in his commitment to the club after his playing days were over.

My sincere condolences to the Dale Family.

Peter Olsen (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 19:00
So sorry to hear this sad news, we have lost a great rugby man and Hartlepudlian.
Thoughts are with Bill’s Family

04 January, 2018 10:09
I can only echo all of those sentiments and say Billy was also a very good all round sportsman including cricket and a very good teacher who commanded the respect of his pupils.
He will be missed by us all.

Dave Picken (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 19:21
Bill’s Funeral will be at Stranton Crematorium at 10.00 on Tuesday January 16th then at Rovers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net