HOME GAMES SPONSOR   HOME GAMES SPONSOR  
Sept 2 Huddersfield YMCA - Sept 16 Percy Park -
Sept 30 Penrith White House Westies Oct 21 Bridlington Alicadoos
Nov 4 Cleckheaton - Nov 25 Dinnington The Beer Club
Dec 9 West Leeds Mark & Rita Westhorp, Glen Crosby Dec 16 Malton & Norton Ron Greig Estate Agents
Jan 13 Morpeth Metcalfe Roofing Jan 27 Bradford & Bingley The Beer Club
Feb 17 Driffield

Freers Askew Bunting Solicitors

White House Westies

Mar 10 Alnwick Rhino Rugby Players' Lunch
Apr 7 Northern Points West      

Want to sponsor a game? Contact Dave Picken  

Matty Tyers
west girl (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 10:40
Matty was admitted to hospital after the Stags Game at Westoe with a Pulmonary pneumothorax.

There is still air and fluid around his lung today so is going to be kept in hospital until at least tomorrow.

Re: Matty Tyers
LesterP (IP Logged)
23 April, 2017 11:33
Awful news - hope you recover well & soon Matty. Thinking of you. Stand fast Son - No Surrender !

Parental Unit (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 09:00
What news on Matty pls?

Tyo (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 11:16
Our Matthew's gonna be in another night as he still has air and fluid draining from around his lung. If he stops leaking fluid tomorrow he'll be getting an x-ray and should be allowed out.
I'll be going up to see him again tonight so will pass on everyone's sentiments.
Cheers,
Tyers

west girl (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 11:18
I've spoken to Matty this morning - there is still fluid and air around his lung so they are keeping him in a while longer. There is still air and fluid around his lung so he still has the drain in.

He's cheerful enough though just being stuck in a Hospital in South Shields is no fun!

west girl (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 11:19
snap!!

Dave Picken (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 13:38
Here's to a quick recovery Matty

LesterP (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 15:56
Thanks for the updates Jimmy & West Girl - glad our boy is doing OK up in Sooth Shields - any port will do in a storm as they say. If he needs a translator let me know & I shall have a word with our Colliery/Seaham Section, they will be able to help I am sure :-)

Tyo (IP Logged)
24 April, 2017 19:08
He's doing well and appreciative of everyone's good wishes. Would like to thank in particular a gentleman from SS Westoe RFC for dropping in to pay Matt best wishes. Much appreciated

Elmo Wilko (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 09:43
Rugby people look after each other JT - well done the gent from Westoe

west girl (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 17:55
Unfortunately the chest drain hasn't worked to inflate Matty's lung correctly so he's now hooked up to a vacuum 😳

Fingers crossed he'll be well enough to come home in a few days.

milkybar kid (IP Logged)
25 April, 2017 19:15
Tough it out Matty....... get well soon m8

Kolly (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 09:43
Any updates Matty?

I hope you are bearing up, I am sure the nurses will be looking after you!

west girl (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 09:56
I got a message from him yesterday, the vacuum hadn't worked and there was still fluid coming out of the drain.

He was going for a scan yesterday before they discussed other options.

He's cheerful enough though.

west girl (IP Logged)
27 April, 2017 18:47
Quick update - It looks as though Matts treatment is starting to work but there is still talk of transferring him to the Freeman for Surgery.

Fingers crossed it rights itself first.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net