HOME GAMES SPONSOR   HOME GAMES SPONSOR  
Sept 2 Huddersfield YMCA - Sept 16 Percy Park -
Sept 30 Penrith White House Westies Oct 21 Bridlington Alicadoos
Nov 4 Cleckheaton - Nov 25 Dinnington The Beer Club
Dec 9 West Leeds Mark & Rita Westhorp, Glen Crosby Dec 16 Malton & Norton Ron Greig Estate Agents
Jan 13 Morpeth Metcalfe Roofing Jan 27 Bradford & Bingley -
Feb 17 Driffield White House Westies Mar 10 Alnwick Rhino Rugby Players' Lunch
Apr 7 Northern Points West      

Want to sponsor a game? Contact Dave Picken  

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
City 15 West 19
Official West Hartlepool RFC (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 11:19
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: City 15 West 19
Parental Unit (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 11:41
Well done to the "Colts." !!!

LesterP (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 11:53
A win is a win - great to see that blend of youth & experience yesterday.

Adam P is still 17 and Liam, Matt & Jordan have not been 18 for that long - fantastic stuff.

Welcome to the "Club" son.

Dave Picken (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 09:35
Link to City's match video added to the report.

20 March, 2017 11:54
Re: Video
If a goalkicker has forgooten his kicking boots for any particular ganme what is wrong with giving someone else a go?

Parental Unit (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:27
Your comment would carry more weight if you had been there and seen the conditions. City missed a "sitter" as well but didn't change their kicker.

Roni C (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:49
Forgetful first half but fought back well in second half to get a much needed and deserved victory and 4 points. We looked a lot more focussed throughout this game, compared to last week (Alnwick), especially rallying and coming back from 15-0 down.
This is a good team who can play very good rugby, they need to believe in themselves more and back their own abilities as individuals and as a team.....

RoverandOut (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:34
Not seen West apart from Boxing Day but the word is without Checksfield and Maddison you'd be mid table

A serious question so please agree or debate

20 March, 2017 13:39
I have obviously seen more games than rover and out! For info the whole of the City game is on YouTube and it didn't look windy to me.
Rollins, bunter, boatman and Sam miller have been excellent this season with other members of the pack not far behind.
Decent shows from the backs in defence although guilty of kicking away possession.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 13:41 by West Park Allotment.

LesterP (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:52
The sausages were very good too - chips were a tad undercooked !

It's useful to have a video of the game, especially from an elevated position. We need a gantry at HQ. I am sure that the coaches and players will be able to use it positively and get us where we need to be.

Bean juice was slightly on the runny side !

Roni C (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:25
Just in answer to the comment by "RoverandOut"......"the word is without Checksfield and Maddison you'd be mid table"???

Liam Checksfield has missed 9 league games this season and Lee Maddison has also missed 3, so realistically without them we wouldn't be mid table, as between them they have missed over half of the league games already and we are 2nd (that's the one behind the top team) :)

Lets debate/discuss it "RoverandOut" ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 14:28 by Roni C.

RoverandOut (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:57
I think you're missing the point Roni

Assuming they play in the remaining games, that will be just shy of 66% for Checksfield and 88% for Maddison games played

More than ample chance to run the gig or have a significant impact

Haven't followed wpa's viewing advice yet but your lad would seem to have won the game for West at City and from your website previews and reports Maddison has had a fair number of man of the match displays

Roni C (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:40
Food for thought RandO, however not being a maths genius and answering your initial question of "the word is without Checksfield and Maddison you'd be mid table"........fact is we have been without them for a total of 10+ games and we aren't mid table we are currently second.
I'm only answering the question as laid down...... also in answer to your last post...the person scoring the winning try in any games can be deemed as winning the game for the team, the person scoring the equalising try and the person scoring a bonus point try can also lay claim and be credited with helping a team get to where they are.
The well structured scrum, the fast scrum half pass, the quick hands, the try saving tackle, the hard dummy lines......etc etc all have an impact in how a TEAM performs.

Rozzy 1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:15
Is Rover and Out the sub for the dear departed Supercodhead?
His grammar is a lot better, but his argument is still daft.

Dave Picken (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:25
Les
I have a nice elevated position with a roof over it which comes in handy when it rains. Copies of tHe full video are always available to any coach/player who wants them.

RoverandOut (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:57
Just trying to stem the tumbleweed

Roni seems to be struggling with this despite his lad scoring ten of West's nineteen points

If Roni and Rozzy are right snd this is a daft post then presumably I'll not see either player picking up a player of the year award come May

I think I know the answer to that though

LesterP (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:22
Dave - Quality response ;-)

Pleasing thing about both L McChecksfield tries, and Zac's also (he got one as well let's remember) were that they both came from quicker ball - something which we struggled with earlier on let's be right. However, as we all know, the mark of a good team is how they respond. Liam 1 came from a good solid catch off a Durham clearance from Adam P and a really good ensuing ruck which meant McC got the ball on the run - only one horse in that race - " Hasta la Vista Defenders- perfectly weighted grubber, bit of backspin & planned/rehearsed assist from Will H - no problem. Liam 2 came from a cracker of a pass from Matt S which took the defenders out of the game. Great finishes, both of them, but really good team tries with a good portion of " Colt " in both of them, ultimately created by a rejuvenated second half set of forwards - great stuff - never in doubt ;-)

Rozzy 1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:35
I've seen every home game and some away, and I know who my choice as player of the year would be .. and with the greatest of respect to both players mentioned by R&O, it's neither of them.
Is R&O expecting the club to issue an apology for having some good players who score points that win games?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 19:01 by Rozzy 1.

Chocky's Butler (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:42
I would be very surprised if Rollins did not win player of the year. He was tremendous again on Saturday.
However we must not let R&O's post hide the fact that rugby is a team game and every player must contribute if you are to finish high up the league - Ross Wood virtually ever present - the competitive Painters - and there are not many harder tacklers in the league than Peter Youll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 20:50 by Chocky's Butler.

21 March, 2017 09:32
Well done everyone for helping to keep R&O's mind off this Saturday's big game in D&N1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net