HOME GAMES SPONSOR   HOME GAMES SPONSOR  
Sept 2 Huddersfield YMCA - Sept 16 Percy Park -
Sept 30 Penrith White House Westies Oct 21 Bridlington Alicadoos
Nov 4 Cleckheaton - Nov 25 Dinnington The Beer Club
Dec 9 West Leeds Mark & Rita Westhorp, Glen Crosby Dec 16 Malton & Norton Ron Greig Estate Agents
Jan 13 Morpeth Metcalfe Roofing Jan 27 Bradford & Bingley -
Feb 17 Driffield White House Westies Mar 10 Alnwick Rhino Rugby Players' Lunch
Apr 7 Northern Points West      

Want to sponsor a game? Contact Dave Picken  

West 22 Driffield 12
Official West Hartlepool RFC (IP Logged)
22 February, 2015 11:52
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: West 22 Driffield 12
Rozzy 1 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2015 12:03
It WAS a good win, and Danny Boatman WAS outstanding, but the ref needs to miss a lot less than he did if he is to make the progress Dave suggests he will. Time is on his side, though.
Good to see the backs showing a lot more purpose than in some games in a team performance that showed how high up the table we could be if we were more consistent from game to game.
But those 20-yard passes should carry a health warning for spectators!

Peter Wilkinson (IP Logged)
22 February, 2015 13:05
Interesting that the Driff report calls the west pack sizeable, I thought that of theirs. An excellent west team performance against an in form side. Well done

Denny Dixon (IP Logged)
22 February, 2015 13:20
Sounds even better than the ongoing report of Saturday. We do however need to develop a killer instinct if we had the amount of territory and possession it is reported we had at the beginning and end of the game. Bonus points do seem hard for us to come by this year. I am sure that we could be further up the league and have the capability to do so. We don't seem to have the "nowse" or the mind maturity that is needed to be there. Maybe this extra year of experience will enable a young side to develop this!!! Next week we need to keep up our spirit and we should be going allout for a continuation of this week. I note Alnwick's result against Horden which should give us extra impetus to ensure at least a result. Let us ensure we hold on to that 8th position !!! Once again well done WEST!!

23 February, 2015 14:06
Great result. Keep putting the work in at training cos we're not out of the woods yet.

Denny Dixon (IP Logged)
24 February, 2015 03:47
Agreed and I reckon we need to target at least 3 more wins. Not easy with our six last fixtures!!

Parental Unit (IP Logged)
24 February, 2015 11:57
Good points made in all the reports about not taking our chances. Only Horden have scored less points than us and a few more bonus points along the way would have been a big help.
I'm sure Eldon Myers will make a big difference as he already has a lot of experience for a young lad.

Rozzy 1 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2015 17:35
Looking at the video, I'm sure the ref awarded that early West try then quickly changed his mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net