HOME GAMES SPONSOR   HOME GAMES SPONSOR  
Sept 2 Huddersfield YMCA - Sept 16 Percy Park -
Sept 30 Penrith White House Westies Oct 21 Bridlington Alicadoos
Nov 4 Cleckheaton - Nov 25 Dinnington The Beer Club
Dec 9 West Leeds Mark & Rita Westhorp, Glen Crosby Dec 16 Malton & Norton Ron Greig Estate Agents
Jan 13 Morpeth Metcalfe Roofing Jan 27 Bradford & Bingley -
Feb 17 Driffield

Freers Askew Bunting Solicitors

White House Westies

Mar 10 Alnwick Rhino Rugby Players' Lunch
Apr 7 Northern Points West      

Want to sponsor a game? Contact Dave Picken  

West 39 Alnwick 20
Official West Hartlepool RFC (IP Logged)
27 October, 2013 10:41
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: West 39 Alnwick 20
27 October, 2013 11:17
Thoroughly enjoyable game and a scintillating half hour leading up to half time.
Agree that Mallinson deserves a special mention as does Pinchen and Rollins who were outstanding in the front row.

Two away games coming up so let's keep our focus.

Rozzy 1 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2013 11:50
Did we relax in the last quarter, or did Alnwick suddenly find their feet?
Good win, though, and as Pedro says, this is going to be a tight league. Fitness might be the key when the heavy going has an influence on games, and we've not seen a fitter team than West so far.

Denny Dixon (IP Logged)
27 October, 2013 13:20
Good win WEST good 5 pointer. We must be aware of points difference. If we hadn't let in late scores so far this season we would be one position higher and that could be all the difference is come the end of the season. We MUST maintain our concentration until the final whistle!!!
Let us see what the next two weeks bring - 10 points I hope!!!

crazy craig (IP Logged)
27 October, 2013 19:50
How did the stags get on and the 4ths

Hardwick Man (IP Logged)
27 October, 2013 20:00
Both Lost ... I am afraid

27 October, 2013 20:51
I thought some superb ambition and hands - great display of quick thinking rugby. Rollins excellent again but Owen Bennett sets the pace of the pack so well (one late tackle excepeted!!!).

Did we see a White Card and not a yellow for the Alnwick lad??

carzy (IP Logged)
28 October, 2013 03:12
keep up the good work lads

El Pedro (IP Logged)
28 October, 2013 10:03
At first I thought the late scores were down to us switching off a bit but on reflection their first was actually a long attack during which we tackled very well they just retained the ball - something they had struggled to do in the first half when they had it. The last try was a bit softer.

That said we should have probably added to our own total in the final quarter which would have helped the points difference.

Leg End (IP Logged)
28 October, 2013 21:34
Thought West's performance was excellent on Saturday, it was the first match I have seen in a long time, so ill be back soon if its like that each week! A few mentions thought Rollins & Bennett & pinchen & coats were excellent and in the backs, millinson, cheslin and bailey were outstanding. Keep on ongoing lads ! Pleasure to watch.

Denny Dixon (IP Logged)
29 October, 2013 05:24
Stats show 50% of tries we have conceded have been in the last 20 mins. At home it is 80% in the last 20 mins. Don't believe it is a fitness problem but a concentration problem. Something worthwhile looking into I would suggest.

Dave Picken (IP Logged)
29 October, 2013 13:42
Video now added.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net