Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Re: Reg Turner - Club President
Dave Picken (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 09:24
From Brian Hayes the Chester President:

Gentlemen,
Many thanks for the great hospitality shown to Lynda and myself and Chester members on our visit to you yesterday. The match was entertaining
and the teams evenly matched--and at least we salvaged a point.
More importantly I wish to express our condolences to the family of Reg Turner your President both on behalf of Chester R.U. F.C. and Lynda and myself.
It was a tragic event, so unexpected at the end of the match, and the two Chester members who were on hand to render Reg what assistance they could
were severely shaken by events. It clearly is a great loss to your Club to lose such a long standing stalwart, and we share that sense of loss, as part of the Rugby Community, that your Club now is facing.

Yours Sincerely Brian & Lynda Hayes--Chester RUFC.

Peter O (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 09:31
My deepest sympathy to Joyce , Stephen and Sue and families. I was deeply shocked to be given the sad news while I was away. Reg took me under his wing when I was new away game follower and treasurer in the mid 1970's, he was always a wise and generous support for the club and his fellow committee and board members. He will be a great loss to me personally and us all.I have received formal condolences from the President of Chester and have thanked him for the help his members gave last Saturday.

Peter Olsen

Phil Wallis (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 10:15
Reg was one of the nicest men around, a true West Hartlepool legend and will be sorely missed.

Never one to miss any home game, it gave the lads such a lift to see him on the sideline at the Stags and bucks games, he loved the club and the club loved him.

Condolences to Reg's family. RIP Reg.

Phil

kolly (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 11:45
Awful news, such a lovely man, our sympathy to Joyce and her family.

The Oliphants

Ron Greig (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 11:46
The tributes that have been paid to Reg speak volumes about our much loved President.Following a distinguished playing career for West and Durham County he has always been a most loyal and devoted member serving as Club Chairman for many years especially at the time of our move to Brierton and playing a huge part in making West what it became and still is today-a great Club.
Our love and sincere condolences to Joyce,Stephen.Susan and all of Reg's family.
Ron and Shirley Greig.

davepicken (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 11:55
Message received from Terry Owen-Smith the league secretary for National Three North.

"Deeply regret to hear that Reg has died. He was a man with whom you could instantly have rapport with. I would be most grateful if you would convey to his wife condolences from myself and all the members of Alnwick Rugby Club.
warmest regards

Terry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/02/2012 11:55 by davepicken.

Supercodhead (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:03
There was real sadness at the New Friarage on Saturday when the news came through>>>>a great loss to rugby in Hartlepool and thoughts with his family and friends>>>

exiled west 1 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:14
Reg always made a point of welcoming us at the club. my thoughts go out to his family at this sad time

Eddie Dougherty (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:15
A true gent, will be sadly missed.
God bless.
Dougherty family.

geofftheref (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:29
Terrible news about Reg,we met him a few seasons ago when he sat in his special chair and him and his wife made all of us welcome
He was just a genuine ,really nice bloke and all of us here at Penrith RUFc wish to pass on our condolences to his family and friends and just as importantly to all the members of your Club who I know were his extended family
Regards
Geoff Matthews
President
on behalf of players and Committee
Penrith RUFC

minimoneyman (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 14:05
On behalf of the mini,s and juniors i send my condolences to joyce and family

will be greatly missed

Secretary HCC (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 14:45
Our thoughts are with Joyce and family at this very sad time,we will all miss Reg so much he was a true gentleman.

From Chairman, Committee, Staff and all members of Hartlepool Cricket Club Park Drive.

Jimmy Greensmith (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:02
Very very sad news.

I got to know the Turner family very well through coaching at West. There wasn't a Sunday that would pass were Reg wouldn't make the effort to support the juniors and the future rugby players of the town.

My thoughts and deepest condolences are with Joyce and Family.

RIP Reg. You'll be missed.

Dave, I trust you will post funeral details when you receieve them?

Dave Picken (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:04
We are hoping to find out the details tomorrow.

Helen Turner (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:45
My family and I are all extremely touched by all of the heartfelt messages from friends of my Granda and our family. I know my Nan, father Steve and aunt Susan will both want to thank you all themselves in time, but I wanted to convey my own appreciation for your kind words at this difficult time.

I have such fond memories of my Granda, many of which involve either the rugby or cricket club. I am glad he was amongst friends in an environment he loved in his last moments.

I can’t quite find the right way to express my thanks to those who gave my Granda the immediate first aid at West on Saturday, your efforts are appreciated beyond words.

Thank you once again to everyone of you,

Helen Turner

Tim S (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 16:55
A simply wonderful man, much loved and held in such high esteem.

Sincere condolences to Joyce and all of the family; everyone at West shares in your grief.

As has already been mentioned, thanks to everyone who tried so hard to help Reg.

Tim Sawyer & family.

Bigbill (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 18:05
My sincere condolances go out to Joyce and Family. I first met Reg back in the 1960,s and later when he returned from abroad. He allways treat me as a friend and I will allways remember with affection our many conversations in the West Clubhouse.

RIP

Bill Featonby

Arty and Margaret Siddle (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 18:32
Shocked and saddened by the news of Reg's death.

Arty was privileged to play on a team captained by Reg whose conduct on and off the field was always of the highest order. A gentleman.

Deepest sympathy to Joyce and family.

Margaret and Arty Siddle

BeverleyBeaver (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 22:22
So sorry to hear the sad news, My sincere condolances go out to all the Family.
It was a privilege and honour to have met him, a great loss to Rugby Union.
Rob Jenner
BEVERLEY RUFC

Gordon Orritt (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 23:31
I often read the website to see how West get on and was very sad to hear about Reg Turner. He was one of the first people I can remember meeting from my time at West. Reg, together with rest of the club made me very welcome when I first started there. A Stalwart, character and generally good bloke, he will not be forgotten. As with everyone else I pass on my condolences to his family.

Dr Gordon Orritt & Family

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net