HOME GAMES SPONSOR   HOME GAMES SPONSOR  
Sept 2 Huddersfield YMCA - Sept 16 Percy Park -
Sept 30 Penrith White House Westies Oct 21 Bridlington Alicadoos
Nov 4 Cleckheaton - Nov 25 Dinnington The Beer Club
Dec 9 West Leeds Mark & Rita Westhorp, Glen Crosby Dec 16 Malton & Norton Ron Greig Estate Agents
Jan 13 Morpeth Metcalfe Roofing Jan 27 Bradford & Bingley -
Feb 17 Driffield

Freers Askew Bunting Solicitors

White House Westies

Mar 10 Alnwick Rhino Rugby Players' Lunch
Apr 7 Northern Points West      

Want to sponsor a game? Contact Dave Picken  

Games confirmed for Sunday 23rd October
Junior Fixture Sec (IP Logged)
18 October, 2011 06:11
Games confirmed as follows:

U7 to U10 v Darlington Mowden Park - AWAY

U11 - no game. Training as usual

U12 v Darlington Mowden Park - AWAY

U13 x Blaydon - AT HOME

U14 v Durham City - AWAY (This is the 1st round of the county cup)

U15 v Blaydon - AT HOME

U16 v Blaydon - AWAY (still to be fully confirmed)

PLEASE NOTE - the U7's are in desperate need of a coach, and also helpers, especially for any matches, so if anyone can help PLEASE get in touch asap.

The address for Darlington Mowden Park is NOT their club, as they now play at Carmel School. The address for the school is:

The Headlands
Darlington
DL3 8RP

Please pass this onto any parent who is planning on coming on Sunday

Re: Games confirmed for Sunday 23rd October
Minis Dad (IP Logged)
18 October, 2011 20:48
I could help out with the U 7 lot if required would be better than just standing around watching. How do we go about volunteering ?

Tim the ref (IP Logged)
18 October, 2011 21:36
Minis Dad. There's a junior section meeting a week tomorrow at the club (or should be at least) starting at 8pm. If you want to pop in you will be most welcome, or if you can;t make it, just send me some details and I'll get someone to sort out what you'll need to start you off as an 'official' coach.

Oh, and THANK YOU!!!!!

(My email address is tim.hilditch@ntlworld.com if that helps)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2011 21:37 by Tim the ref.

19 October, 2011 16:06
Update for games this Sunday:

U15 game now CANCELLED

Peter Wilkinson (IP Logged)
20 October, 2011 16:31
Mini,s Dad,if you make yourself known i can give you some tags & belts.The U8s are away to DMP on sunday so wont be at the club.Gez will look after the 7s & under this week but the following sunday i will be there,or contact me on 07734945670

Tim the ref (IP Logged)
20 October, 2011 18:12
U7's should be at Mowden too! I take it, from your message Peter, nobody is taking them? I know you have your hands full with the U8's so didn't hassle you about U7's going, but I do believe Mowden have this age group (and looking at their website they are expecting us!!!!) Is there any chance we can get the kids there?

Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2011 18:17 by Tim the ref.

21 October, 2011 05:49
wouldn,t have thought so,Gez will be at the club on sunday for training as normal 10.30 start

Minis Dad (IP Logged)
21 October, 2011 14:59
This is why I think some of the U7 lot are dropping off due to not getting any games to play, even if it was just a friendly game.
Peter il speak to you at Mowden il be there with the U10 team with another one of mine.

Cheers

21 October, 2011 19:31
Aren't they all friendly games???

Mowden are/were expecting a game for the U7's, so if you can manage to get any there that would be good,as I really don't want to have to tell them now.

Just as an afterthought - NEXT Sunday there is a 'shaping the game' festival on for U7 & U8 at Stockton RFC which we have the opportunity to enter, but I need to get the teams in this Monday at the latest. Peter - if I email you an entry form can you get it back to me by Sunday tea time? As for U7's, I'll speak to Gez on Sunday (unless someone can let me know how to contact him sooner??) and hopefully get a team list put together then.

Sometimes organising fixtures is easy, but NOT at the moment!

Other Mini's dad (IP Logged)
21 October, 2011 19:39
Fells's - just be mindful of CRB rules.

21 October, 2011 20:29
dont think Gez is available that week,but if mini,s dad is available then should be ok

Minis Dad (IP Logged)
22 October, 2011 09:41
Peter if you can get the names of the u7 players who are willing to go next week i can either take them through or stay at west or training.

As for CRB rules i understand the need for a CRB check to be done for safety of the kids, ive got a current CRB just not through WEST.

As for the 'friendly' comment i meant just to give the kids a run around and not be concerned with scores/winning/losing just simply to keep them interested and enjoying it.

Cheers

Chris

22 October, 2011 11:13
Hi Chris

I knew what ou meant, and my comment was a bit 'tongue in cheek' really, as sometimes kids games are anything but friendly (but that's usually the parents!!!!).

As for your CRB check, I've asked the question if your is ok, and will let you know once I get a reply.

Tim (the ref & fixtures)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net